Beauty Benefits Of Baking Soda … 33 Surprising Baking Soda Uses & Remedies
7. Bug Bite Soother – Rub baking soda on your bug bite to relieve the itching. Create a paste with a teaspoon of baking soda and water. Keep applying the paste – about three times a day until the bite dissipates.
8. Sunburn Relief – Your fragile sunburned skin will benefit from soaking in a mixture of baking soda and water. Draw a warm bath and add half a cup of baking soda; you can also mix baking soda into your favorite body lotion.
Baking Soda Uses: HAIR & TEETH
9. Hair Cleanser – Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo and rub it into your hair. This is a great way to remove dirt and oil, or residue that is left over from hair products.
10. Brush and Comb Cleaner – You don’t want to use harmful chemicals in your hair products, so use baking soda to clean your brushes or combs. Take advantage of this baking soda benefit by creating a natural paste by combining two teaspoons of baking soda with one cup of water. Rub the paste into your hair product and then rinse.
11. Homemade Toothpaste – Baking soda is known to increase plaque removal — that is why it’s commonly used in toothpaste. Straight baking soda has abrasive qualities, and over time it may wear away enamel. Instead, to keep fresh breath, you can add baking soda to your toothpaste or just dip your toothbrush in baking soda a few times a week.
12. Teeth Whitener – To keep your teeth looking pearly white, create your own paste with a teaspoon of baking soda and water. Once a week, rub the paste onto your teeth, let it sit for five minutes, and then rinse your mouth.