DIY Remedies for Gout Pain Quick, uric acid in your bloodstream
Celery Seed Extract:
Celery seed extract or celery juice helps to reduce the uric acid buildup in the body. It has antioxidants in the form of phenolic acids, caffeic acid, ferulic acid, flavonoids and quercetin that makes celery to treat joint pains, gout and other forms of arthritis.
Steps to be followed…
- Consume celery seed extract or fresh celery juice or just eat celery throughout the day.
- Regular intake of celery in any way will help to get rid of gout and its pain.
Planning your diet as per your health condition will play an important role to recover you from the problem. Here is the diet for the people suffering from gout.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids to get hydrated and to flush out the excess uric acid from the body.
- Eliminate sugar (or sugary products), grains, caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcohol consumption, caffeine intake, processed meats, anchovies, sardines, etc. from your diet, as they increase the uric acid and rise the gout flare ups.
- Consume foods that are rich in vitamin C, fiber, potassium, omega – 3 fatty acids, magnesium and bromelain to reduce the uric acid and reduce the frequency of gout attacks.
- Include more of fresh fruits (grapes, orange, gooseberry), vegetables (cucumber, French beans), fresh berries, black cherries, fish oil and organic meats along with bone broth and chicken vegetable soup in your diet.
- Intake of beet juice and nettles (in tea form) will help you to get relief from gout.
- Avoid consuming food that is high in purines like fatty red meat, small fish, peas, spinach, mushrooms, herring, asparagus, shellfish, organ meats, lentils, etc. which forms more of uric acid to prevent gout.
- Avoid the intake of fried foods, sodium rich food, refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated oils (like vegetable, soybean, corn and canola oil) which worsen the gout.